Over the weekend on Twitter, a student asked Tulane Professor Melissa Harris-Perry , “As a professor, do you have any study tips for the college student prepping to start in a week?”
Learn to read *smart* not read *all* in your courses w/ 100+ pages a week. Focus on main ideas, big conclusions.
Try to put together a study group or team in math, econ, science & other classes w/ problem sets if it’s allowed.
Try to keep up w/ syllabus. Don’t save it all for the reading week. It’s ok to slack once in a while but stay steady.
If you struggle with writing, ask Profs if you can write a draft before the assignment is due. Get feedback.
Remember college education is a process. Ask questions.Seek help. Be open to critique.Make progress don’t force perfection.
And more than anything else. Be honest. Adhere to the honor code. An honest C is much more valuable than a dishonest A.
*Great nuggets of wisdom from a smart lady.
- go2uttyler reblogged this from collegepreparation
- aurophine likes this
- alohagoodqarma likes this
- oconnelldani likes this
- prestige-society reblogged this from collegepreparation
- prestige-society likes this
- 0prahwinfr3y likes this
- u-npabbittown likes this
- n212 likes this
- university-bound reblogged this from collegepreparation
- sylvr3 likes this
- therealwednesdayaddams likes this
- goodluckcollege reblogged this from collegepreparation
- pagge likes this
- pagge reblogged this from studentadvisor
- ratemyprofessors reblogged this from studentadvisor and added:
- studentadvisor reblogged this from collegepreparation
- collegepreparation posted this